Snr Software Developer
Dunbia requires a Senior Software Developer to work as part of a team which is responsible for supporting and developing a range of systems across multiple sites within the Dunbia Group. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their career using state of the art technologies on a variety of exciting projects. The successful candidate should also possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoy interacting with end users in a dynamic, fast paced business environment.
· Developing IT solutions for operational and back office systems using the Microsoft Technology stack;
· Liaising with key business stakeholders and helping gather requirements for new development projects;
· Provide 3rd line support for existing systems across the Group;
· Providing inputs to database designs for new and existing in-house applications;
· Take ownership of assigned projects and deliver solutions using the full systems development life cycle;
· Reports to the Systems Development Team Lead to provide project updates on an ongoing basis; and
· Provide out of hours support on a rotational basis.
The post holder must be able to work successfully on their own initiative and also work well as part of a team. They will be able to demonstrate an ability to develop logical solutions in complex business environments and possess the ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes. Good problem solving skills will also be required.
· Be educated to degree level in a software-related discipline;
· Possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience of using 2 or more of the following technologies: SQL Server 2005+, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, .NET;
· A proven track record in T-SQL development – specifically an ability to write and troubleshoot T-SQL (stored procedures, functions, views, triggers); and
· Possess the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels from factory and office personnel through to senior management.
· Experience of database administration duties. (e.g. performance tuning, backups, disaster recovery & high availability systems);
· Experience of developing reports from Manufacturing Execution Systems (e.g. Emydex or Innova, or an ERP such as Dynamics AX, Navision or Infor M3);
· Experience of working with Agile development methodologies; and
· Previous experience working in an FMCG / manufacturing environment.
Click here to download an application form »
Click here to view monitoring forms »
Apply for this position
** Monitoring form responses are only required for roles based in Northern Ireland